WHAT IS TAILWIND?
Tailwind is a social media scheduling tool that specifically focuses on the sharing sites Pinterest and Instagram. These two sites are dictated by an algorithm few understand and even fewer can properly explain.
Tailwind takes all the guesswork out of growing your accounts by having you post at the best times and suggesting the proper hashtags to use in order to gain the kind of following and engagement you are seeking.
Who is Tailwind For?
- Pinterest users
- Instagram users
- Etsy users
- Facebook users
TAILWIND FOR PINTEREST
Tailwind’s original purpose was to assist Pinners on their content. Without Tailwind Tribes, you will get assistance on when to pin your content, and with Tribes you get access to a whole community who loves Pinterest and helps to bring your content to as many people as possible.
Some of the great things you can do on Pinterest with Tailwind are:
- Preset your entire Pinterest weekly (or longer) schedule ahead of time.
- Use the Pin Inspector and Board Insights tools to see what posts are working best for you.
- Use Tailwind Tribes to reach new audiences and pinners within your niche.
Additional tools for Tailwind Pinterest users:
- Drag and drop calendar
- Bulk uploads
- Website insights
- Multi-board pinning
- Summary reports
- Post to Facebook
- Pin from Instagram
- Invite teammates
- Multiple accounts
TAILWIND FOR BLOGGERS
When starting a blog for your photography, recipes, or anything else you should be exploring any option to get the word out on your blog. Here, if your blog is best represented on your Instagram channel you can link it here and use their hashtag tool to beat the guesswork on what your hashtags should be.
Some of the great things Bloggers can do with Tailwind are:
- Grow your Pinterest reach and drive more traffic to your blog.
- Gain access to a larger reach of your target market through Tailwind Tribes.
- Automate your social media posts, which can save hours of time every week.
TAILWIND FOR INSTAGRAM
The Facebook and Instagram algorithm can create a problem for content producers. Tailwind will provide the best tips and tricks to beat the algorithms and actually get it to work for you rather than against you.
- Automate photo and video scheduling with time-saving shortcuts.
- Use Tailwind SmartSchedule feature to post at the times when your audience is the most engaged.
- Auto Hashtag suggestions for every post.
- Content Plans that provide ready to post ideas for your niche.
- Free branded landing page to make your profile stand out.
- Add clickable links to Instagram post with a single click.
- Analysis of your likes, comments and popular posts.
Additional tools for Tailwind Instagram users:
- Hashtag lists
- Hide hashtags
- Caption formatting
- Auto post
- Schedule videos
- Tag users
- Tag locations
- Browser extensions
- Multiple accounts
- Invite teammates
Tailwind analytics not only shows you have well your content is doing in a clearer and more representative way than their host apps, it also shows you how much of your recent success is attached to Tribes and which Tribe helped the most.
Tailwind Analytics Features:
- Measure engagement and performance of every pin, board or category.
- Analyze traffic and revenue with Google Analytics integration.
- Automated email reports and notifications.
- Learn the best day and times to post.
HOW TO USE TAILWIND
In order to use Tailwind you will need to have either an existing Instagram or Pinterest account. From there you will need to decide which pricing plan best suits your needs. You will also need to continue to create your own content. Tailwind is a marketing tool and not a content creation one. You can schedule when your posts and pins will go live, and the software will assist you in the best high engagement times to post. The software will also suggest hashtags that best represent your content and the ones that will give you the best chance to go viral and improve your impressions and engagements.
HOW TO INSTALL TAILWINDIn order to use Tailwind you need to head to their official website and log in either using your Pinterest or Instagram accounts. Don’t worry! Sign up is free and gives you the opportunity to look around the site and get familiar with which will help you decide if the software is for you. You will also be able to add the account you didn’t choose to use as your log-in later in the process.
TAILWIND PROSWhen you are continuously creating great content and you are still struggling to pick up a following, Tailwind can help provide you the best information to get your product or service out to the right customers. Starting an account from zero when it can often be time consuming to create content and post it each and every day can be frustrating. Tailwind takes this guesswork out of the equation.
TAILWIND CONSThe downside to Tailwind is that you have to create a ton of content to use it properly, and all of that content has to have depth. This will help the “Tailwind Tribes” of Pinterest get your content off the ground and increase engagement. Beyond the overwhelming amount of content that you will have to create, you will also need to show some reciprocity to the “Tailwind Tribes” by sharing their pins as well.
HOW MUCH IS TAILWIND?Tailwind, like many other software products, has a tiered payment model where users can pay to access the features they are most interested in.
- The Pro level costs $9.99 per month, and is charged at $119 annually.
- The Lite model costs $99.99 per month and is billed annually at $1,199.
- The Professional tier costs $799.99 per month and is billed annually at $9,599.
- If you find the features of these too limited, Tailwind does offer the Enterprise plan which you have to reach out to the company for to get a direct answer on how much the cost will be per month and annually.