This tutorial is very easy to follow and uses few supplies, which makes it low cost as well. I will give you step by step instructions for a beautiful St. Patrick’s Day Fabric Wreath you will love to show off!
This is my first fabric wreath and I have to admit, I had no idea how to buy fabric when I went to the craft store the other day. I was thrilled once I bought my first fabric order and was completely overwhelmed with the choices of fabric…so many possibilities. The fabric for St. Patrick’s Day alone seems to be endless! Once I finally settled on the fabric patterns I wanted to use I was on my way. Honestly, that was the hardest part!
How to purchase the fabric: Crafts stores like Joann’s offers a fabric cutting service. Just head over to the fabric counter, give them the dimensions and fabric that you chose and they will cut the length for you!
Here are the materials that you will need:
List of Supplies Needed for St. Patrick’s Day Fabric Wreath
- 1-yard lime green fabric
- 1-yard small shamrock pattern fabric
- 1-yard large shamrock pattern fabric
- 1/4” yard solid or shamrock pattern fabric
Step 1: Cut the fabric into Strips
- Measure and cut your 3 yards of fabric into 7” long and about 1” thick strips. It’s important to get the length of the strips correct but you do not have to measure the width at exactly 1 inch. There are a lot of strips to cut so I measured out the length into large squares and laid them on top of each other. Then I was able to cut several strips at a time.
Step 2: tie the fabric strips to the wreath
- Take a strip of fabric and tie it to the first ring, then do the second then the third (small shamrock, large shamrock, lime green) one at a time starting on the outer ring and working your way in. I left the fourth ring empty, but you can use the last ring if you would like to give it a fuller look.
- Continue tying your fabric strips around the ring once section at a time.
- Once the wreath is completed take the 1/4” yard solid or shamrock pattern fabric.
- Fold sides inward and iron in place to look like a strip of 3” wide ribbon.
For a video on how to do this, check this out:
And that’s it! You have a beautiful St. Patrick’s Day Wreath to put on your front door.I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Have you made a fabric wreath before? Share your creations in the comments below!