Summer is my favorite season! Nothing beats sunny days at the beach or the pool basking in the warm sunshine. This was a very inexpensive and easy wreath to put together. Most materials were from the dollar store.
There are a few different ways you can design your Flip Flop wreath, but I do love the circular design with some colorful flowers and some bling to make the flip flops stand out. Use bright colored flip-flops for a fun summer door display!
List of Supplies Needed for a flip flop Wreath
- 4 pairs of flip-flops (child size or adult small size, found at Dollar General)
- Extruded Styrofoam Wreath 16″ Bulk White
- Hildie & jo Flatback Iridescent Jewel Tone Rhinestones
- Crafter’s Square Assorted Jewels & Gems, 32-ct. Packs
- Assortment of flowers (found these at Dollar Tree)
- Glue gun
Where do i get the flip-flops?
Initially, I thought this would be the easy part but I started my wreath in early March so finding a bunch of solid colored flip flops in the store in the same size took a trip to a couple of stores. I saw places online, but other than buying in bulk I was not finding what I was looking for.
I was able to find them at Dollar General, but you will notice in the pictures that there was writing on some of them. If you run into this same problem, you can remove it with some rubbing alcohol. If you decide to do the wreath later in the spring, you will probably have an easier time finding solid colored flip-flops at more dollar stores, or stores like Old Navy or Payless.
- Space out flip-flops a few inches apart but touching on the top half like this:
- In the open space in between the flip-flops, you can make a hole and fill with glue to attach your flowers.
- Attach your jewels to the flip-flops for some nice bling! You can use any type of decoration for this part.
Here is the final product!
Additional tips: Have fun with this! You can try a bunch of different designs. You can line up the flip-flops together and add a little sign like this:
Here is a cool video tutorial:
You can experiment with different colors, flowers and embellishments! Think patterned or striped flip flop patterns, sports team colors, sunglasses, patriotic, beachy seashells, etc.
Have you made any flip-flop creations? Would love to see your designs and would love to hear your comments or questions below!