Need some blog post ideas for your craft blog?
It can be overwhelming to come up with the topics that will keep readers engaged on an ongoing basis. Creating informative content can not only help your SEO efforts, but can create a loyal audience and establish yourself as an expert in the crafting industry.
Below is a list of 17 Blog Post Ideas used by many DIY & Craft Bloggers:
- Tutorials: Many readers look for tutorials to help them learn how to complete a particular craft project. If you can provide step-by-step instructions on one of your finished projects, you can bring great value to your visitors. Check out some of my DIY Crafts for an example.
- Resources: You can create a list of resources such as related blogs, templates, tools, online courses or other helpful information that visitors may want to bookmark for future use.
- Reviews: It can be helpful to provide your review on tools, software or supplies that you have used to complete a product or one that you found useful for your business.
- Interviews: If you interview another person from the crafting industry, you can put together a transcript or video of the interview questions and answers, as well as what you learned from your experience meeting this person.
- Craft Selling Tips: A lot of crafters are looking for ways to sell their products. If you have some helpful tips to share, a blog post would be a great way to do it. If you want to sell your crafts online, you can get some ideas on this from my post on 48 Websites Where You Can Sell Your Crafts Online.
- Inspirational: Can you share ways on how you get ideas for your crafts? What inspires you? Share the things that keep you motivated (quotes, environment, other artists can be helpful).
- Share Your Challenges: Is there a common or ongoing business or crafting challenge you face? Describe your approach and/or solution to the problem.
- Re-share Popular Posts: Create a post listing the most popular or helpful posts from your blog, and update or add new information if needed to those posts and republish.
- Places You Shop: Where do you get your supplies from? Is there a particular store that you prefer when it comes to getting a specific product? Bonus points if you share coupons or promotions from a particular arts and craft supply store.
- Create a Beginners Guide: Many visitors to your website are newbies and are looking for instructions on a particular topic. Beginners guides can be extremely useful for someone who has never completed a certain project before.
- Show Other People’s Work: Ask for project submissions and create a gallery or list post. This will help build a community between you and your visitors.
- People You Follow: Share your favorite Pinterest boards, blogs and social media accounts that you follow.
- Show your Workspace: Share your work area and how you keep things organized.
- Your Daily Routine: Your audience may find how you start your day and how you manage your time very useful. Also share if there are any planners or other tools you use to stay organized.
- What’s Trending: Write a post on what is trending in the craft industry right now and give your opinions or critiques. This will also help you establish you as a thought leader in your industry.
- Create a Video: You can create videos of anything from a tutorial to a product review.
- Craft Series: You can put together a series of tutorials on a specific theme such as bow making or working with a Cricut machine.
We hope you find this post helpful! If you have any other blog post ideas that you would like to add to this post, put it in the comments below! Happy blogging!